| List Price: | $75.00 |
| Price: |
$37.01 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25. Details |
| as of Tue, 26 Feb 2013 11:25:12 GMT ***Remember, deals price on this item for sale just for limited time*** | |
Product Details
- Size: 9.5 D(M) US
- Color: Dark Brown
- Brand: Steve Madden
- Model: M-JAGER
- Fabric type: synthetic
- Dimensions: 4.00 pounds
From the Manufacturer
Steve Madden, the company, was founded by Steve Madden, the man, in 1990 in Brooklyn, where he started out making trend-advancing shoes one pair at a time. It was not long after that the Steve Madden focus on "now-ness" earned rave reviews from young female fans mad for the funky, chic, and yet competitively priced footwear it produced. The company popularized the "dressy sneaker," and continues to man the forefront of trends.
Customer Reviews
Most helpful customer reviews
6 of 6 people found the following review helpful.Comfortable, yes! Durable, not so much...
By um what?
Pros: True to size, comfortable, stylish, price
Cons: questionable build quality
Bottom Line: For $50 these boots are a good deal. They're good for around town and look great with jeans or a suit. I purchased them for traveling. (The side zip makes them quick to get off and on in TSA lines. and they're nice enough to wear with a suit when I get where I'm going.)
The next part I have to preface with a Disclaimer- I AM VERY HARD ON SHOES! I buy a lot of them. Most cheap shoes last only a couple months for me. My boots that are more than a year old all say - 'Chippewah, Georgia Boot, Tony Lama, Ariat, or Nocona on them somewhere. (The only dress shoes I have that have survived as long are my Florsheim wingtips...) Based upon these boots, 'Steve Madden' is not getting on that list any time soon. Would I wear these boots for anything strenuous or demanding? NOT IN A MILLION YEARS. They look a lot more rugged than they actually are.
Namely-
- Upper: The description says both 'synthetic' and 'leather upper, man-made outsole'. That's misleading. The sock/liner is leather. But the upper is polyurethane. There is very little leather in these boots. Not a deal-breaker for me. For $50 I expected that.
- Zipper - Though the decorative zipper on the outside is metal, the functional inside zipper is plastic. To be fair to Amazon this IS visible on the product photos. Had I noticed, I probably wouldn't have bought them.
- Heel- If you look at the pictures the heel has a fuzzy strip that make it look like the heel is made of that solid spongy looking rubber. It's not. That strip is simply a glued on piece of pseudo-suede. Worse, pressing hard on the tread reveals that the heel itself appears to be hollow.This does not bode well for longevity or durability. (Every pair of boots I've ever owned with a hollow heel has lost that heel at an inopportune moment. They are all gone to the island of misfit boots. Every one.)
If I were somehow stuck in the woods wearing these I'd be scared. (If anyone who works for Steve Madden ever reads this- I'd pay $5 more for these same boots with a real metal zipper. Heck, I'd pay $50 more for real leather and a solid heel.)
As I said before these boots are comfortable. And they'll serve the purpose I bought them for, for a while anyway. If you just need some boots that look nice, for $50 these ARE a good deal. If you need functionality, double or triple your budget and look elsewhere.
2 of 2 people found the following review helpful.black boots
By hornblue
I was looking for a pair of black boots I could wear casually and outdoors. These boots are perfect for that. I like the way they look and they fit and feel great.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful.Pleather
By Brian Sheppard
I knew the price was too good to be true. The upper is not made of leather and looks cheaper than in the picture. If you aren't into leather this might be a good boot for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment